Try an Instrument
TRY AN INSTRUMENT PROGRAM
The Ridgewood Conservatory’s introduction to learning a new instrument allows you to “try an instrument on for size” before taking private lessons or starting a school music program!
The perfect choice for students of all ages ...
Designed to maximize the success (and minimize the frustration!) of learning a new instrument, our special ‘Try An Instrument’ program is a great way for children, teens and adults to explore a musical instrument or vocal lessons without making a long-term commitment to study.
The ‘Try An Instrument’ program helps you to:
- Find out if a younger child is ready for private instrument instruction.
- Give beginners the chance to explore more than one instrument before choosing one to study.
- Provide student-musicians with the opportunity to try other instruments of interest or voice lessons.
- Get a jump-start on learning to play an instrument before continuing with private lessons.
In just three 30-minute private lessons on consecutive days ...
Our ‘Try An Instrument’ students become familiar with their instruments as they learn to play simple tunes in a non-competitive environment.
Lessons are always scheduled on consecutive days to keep learning fresh. Older students may opt for two 45-minute lessons on consecutive days.
You choose the instrument you’d like to learn ...
• VIOLIN • VIOLA • CELLO
• ALTO SAX • FLUTE • CLARINET
• OBOE • BASSOON
• TRUMPET • TROMBONE
• GUITAR • BASS
• PERCUSSION • VOICE
WE'll SUPPLY THE INSTRUMENT AND ALL OF THE MATERIALS.
NOTE: Only one instrument may be studied per three-day session. Piano and violin lessons are available for ages 5 years – adult; All other instruments and voice are available for ages 8 years – adult. (7 year olds may be considered.)
TRY AN INSTRUMENT ON FOR SIZE!
THREE 30-MINUTE LESSONS ON CONSECUTIVE DAYS
JUNE 26 – SEPTEMBER 2, 2023
* SPECIAL SPRING BREAK SESSSION *
APRIL 3 – 8, 2023