An extension of the Music Together® curriculum, Rhythm Kids® is an exciting and comprehensive music, movement and drumming program designed to help children develop their rhythm skills and gain a deeper level of musical understanding – preparing them for more formal music instruction and private lessons.
Rhythm Kids® classes are divided into two levels to address the different learning styles of preschoolers and older children. Your child will sing, move and drum to songs and beats from around the world while he or she integrates rhythm in new ways and develops greater musicality.
Drumming and Jamming, Music and Movement for your preschoolers and school-age kids!
The Ridgewood Conservatory is currently offering on-site classes with careful social distancing and designated instruments for each child during the coronavirus pandemic.
what we offer
Summer Semester begins on Sept. 23, 2023
Call us at 201-676-9915 to schedule a FREE TRIAL class!
Free Trial classes by advance registration only. Availability on a first-come, first-served basis only if class is not fully enrolled.
SPACE IS LIMITED! CLICK BELOW TO SIGN UP TODAY!
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, playing with instruments, singing and chanting
- Develop basic rhythm skills such as keeping the beat, improvising, ensemble play and soloing
- Learn new ways to create, cooperate with others, and express him or her self musically.
SCHOOL-AGE, AGES 6-8
In the Level 2 classes, our school-age students will continue to grow musically – integrating and assimilating rhythm into their lives as they:
- Learn different multicultural drumming patterns
- Develop new repertoire on percussion instruments such as shakers, tambourines, djembes, bongos, etc.
- Explore movement and dance while singing
- Play exciting games based on music and drumming
- And have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Music Together’s Rhythm Kids Level 2 offers older children age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments while learning traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements and experiencing drumming, song, and dance from around the world. Our students find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm, and develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition and improvisation as they participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun! (45 minutes)
To get the most out of class, Level 2 students will need a drum at home. We use 9” x 18” djembes, but feel free to get whatever size you think is best for your child. Your teacher will provide information about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
Winter/Spring 2023: Please call 201-676-9915 for class information.
- The Music Together Animal Collection Songbook
- A CD that you can use at home, in the car or at grandma’s, and
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
Music Together art and logo design copyright 1992-2017 Music Together LLC. Music Together is a registered trademark. The Ridgewood Conservatory is licensed by Music Together LLC.